Friday, January 22, 2010

A Day in NYC

I recently flew into La Guardia airport and was supposed to meet up with a coworker then drive to our site. Things changed a bit, however, when her flight was cancelled not once, but twice. Thus, I ended up with about 5 hours to kill in The Big Apple. Trust me, I was not disappointed! With the short notice and limited time, I had to decide what I really wanted to do. It helps that this was not my first time to the city. I decided to park the car and head out on foot. My first stop was Rockefeller Center to see the famous Christmas tree. I felt just like Kevin in Home Alone 2!
I did a quick trip by Central Park, into FAO Schwarz, browsed H&M, grabbed lunch in Times Square, and headed to Junior's in Grand Central for dessert. This was my first time to NYC in the winter and it just made me love the city more. Every store window was decorated to the nines, the snow fell softly to the sidewalks, and the people seemed to be more jovial and friendly. It never ceases to amaze me that I can feel so clam and at home in New York; I truly love that city. I looked up some friends of mine who live near the Lincoln Tunnel, but unfortunately they were out of town for the weekend, so I spent my remaining time just wandering around and taking in the sights. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed my little trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment